Experience the natural beauty of the Scottish Highlands on a full-day midi coach tour to Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Trossachs National Park. Go to a traditional, working whisky distillery for an optional tasting and stop for lunch in Fort Augustus where you’ll have the option of a scenic cruise on famous Loch Ness.
Pass Stirling Castle, the Wallace Monument and Linlithgow Palace (birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots) en route to the Deanston Distillery. Here, you can take an optional tasting tour of this working whisky-distillery. Breakfast is available in the distillery cafe.
Drive through Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park. Your Scottish guide will tell you the story of Rob Roy MacGregor, the most famous (or infamous) Highlander to ever live.
Follow in the footsteps of James Bond ("Skyfall") and Harry Potter ("Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban") as you travel to the stunning Highland valley of Glencoe. You will learn the eerie story of the Clan MacDonald massacre of 1692.
Travel through Fort William, home to Ben Nevis, which at 4,409 feet is the highest mountain of the British Isles.
Arrive on the south bank of Loch Ness in the charming village of Fort Augustus. Here, you will find lots of cafes, shops and restaurants for a relaxing lunch. Take a stroll along the banks of the Caledonian Canal. Then, experience the majesty of Loch Ness on a relaxing 1-hour boat cruise. See if you can catch a glimpse of "Nessie", the legendary Loch Ness Monster.
Admire the impressive Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge. Get breathtaking views of the Nevis Range.
Enter the beautiful Cairngorms National Park and discover "Monarch of the Glen" country. You will drive along Loch Laggan, before travelling over the Pass of Drumochter, which links the northern and southern Central Highlands. Experience the majesty and drama of a mountain pass created by glacial activity during successive Ice Ages.
You will stop in the beautiful Victorian town of Pitlochry for refreshments, before we return to Edinburgh city centre for an estimated arrival time between 8:00 PM and 8:30 PM.
What is included
● Fully guided tour by air-conditioned mini coach
● Convenient city centre departure point
● All guests must have a booking
● Please note that the minimum age requirement for this tour is 7 years old
● It is the guest’s responsibility to be at the departure point at least 15 minutes before the advertised departure time. We regret that the tour cannot wait or return for guests whom are late and refunds will not be issued for missed departures.
● Optional Scotch whisky-distillery tour (£8 per adult, £5 under 18s) Book & pay in cash on the day of your chosen tour/trip
● Optional boat cruise on Loch Ness (£13 per adult, £9 under 16s) Book & pay in cash on the day of your chosen tour/trip