Isle of Skye, The Highlands and Loch Ness - 3 Day Tour (Glasgow)
Departing Glasgow, our first stop on this Isle of Skye tour
is at the picturesque conservation village of Luss, on the ‘Bonny, Bonny’ banks
of Loch Lomond.
Travelling north via Tyndrum we pass over the atmospheric
Rannoch Moor before enjoying time to admire the dramatic Glencoe, site of the
1692 massacre of the MacDonald Clan.
After lunch in the Fort William area, we pause for photos at
Britain's highest mountain, Ben Nevis, then stop to admire Glen Garry and the
stunning Five Sisters of Kintail mountain range.
Day 1 of the Isle of Skye tour ends in the charming village
of Portree, on the Isle of Skye, where we check into our accommodation.
After breakfast our Isle of Skye tour will depart Portree
for a full day’s touring Skye - options include a visit to Dunvegan Castle*, or
a trip to Uig and a stop to visit Flora MacDonald’s grave and the unique Black
Houses, historic dwellings of the Scottish Highlanders.
We continue our journey where we can view Duntulm Castle,
take photos of Kilt Rock and perhaps enjoy a walk at the Lealt Falls.
Our 3 day Isle of Skye tour ends with the opportunity to
admire the Old Man of Storr, before we return to Portree.
We commence our descent via the much-admired Eilean Donan
Castle*, backdrop for the movie ‘Highlander’ and 'Made of Honour (interior
closed in winter), our Isle of Skye tour will then move on to the pretty
lochside village of Fort Augustus for lunch and views of Loch Ness.
Our journey south continues over Laggan and the Grampian
mountains with our last stop for refreshments, in the pretty Victorian resort
town of Pitlochry, before returning to Edinburgh, where the Isle of Skye tour
If continuing to Glasgow, your guide will take you to
Edinburgh Waverley railway station for the 50 minute journey by train, courtesy
The price of our 3 day Isle of Skye tour from Glasgow does
not include accommodation but we reserve it for you. Approximate costs are per
person per night: Youth Hostel: £18-£25, Bed & Breakfast: £40-£65, Hotel:
£75+ (Low Season) £90+ (High Season). Single supplement may apply. Please be
advised, most accommodation providers only accept cash payments, and will not
accept debit/credit cards as methods of payment.
PLEASE NOTE: Luggage is restricted to one piece per person
on the 3 day Isle of Skye tour.
*Eilean Donan Castle closed in January. Other featured
castles closed Oct-Mar. Alternatives will be offered.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 5 years|
What is included
Live commentary on board
Modern, air-conditioned coach
Digital Translations available to Download
Train tickets to return to Glasgow
We recommend bringing:
· comfortable walking shoes
· waterproof jacket
· cash (ATM machines are limited in the remote Highlands)
· dinner reservations in Portree (in Summer, Portree is very busy and we recommend making reservations before you arrive)
...and don't forget your camera!
· Minimum age is 5 years
· This tour will have a maximum of 32 passengers
· This experience requires a minimum number of 4 travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
· Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
· Collapsible wheelchairs can be stored on board the coach
· Service animals allowed
· Near public transportation
· If booster seat is required, please request at the time of booking
· Confirmation will be received at time of booking
· You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity